Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/unseensk/public_html/board/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Unseen Skaters Message Board • View topic - 2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals results+video

2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals results+video

For discussion about the skaters and skating in the Southwest Pacific, Central Pacific and Northwest Pacific regional areas.

2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals results+video

Postby Tammi on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 pm

2010 Pacific Coast Sectional Figure Skating Championship
November 17 - 21, 2009
Jackson Hole, WY
Official website, http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/

"Preliminary" schedule is now available online (version date October 19th, subject to change), http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/Downloa ... 101909.pdf.

Preliminary competitor list, http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/Downloa ... 101609.pdf.

Juvenile Pairs
    Deanna Harris / Connor Fleming
    Elise Middleton / Robert Hennings
    Ananya Nandy / Aditya Nandy
    Alexandria Schmainda / Tyler Vollmer
    Belinda Zeng / Albert Zeng

Intermediate Dance
    Caroline Patton / Michael Hopkins
    Kiley Pearl / Rahul Coburn
    Brianna Tramontano / Tyler Vollmer

Novice Dance
    Amanda Bertsch / Samuel Rashba
    Shelby Evans / William Wong
    Morgan Grant / Luke Skala
    Madeline Heritage / Nathaniel Fast
    Cassandra Jeandell / Damian Dodge
    Kassy Kova / Justin Ross
    Valentina Rudchenko / Brett Mueller
    Joylyn Yang / Jean-Luc Baker

Novice Pairs
    Madeline Aaron / Craig Norris
    Morgan Agster / Adam Civiello
    Cali Fujimoto / Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne
    Mandy Garza / Brandon Frazier
    Christina Guterres / Justin Schumann
    Hayley Templeton-Norris / Jason Pacini
    Janelle Unger / Robert Przepioski
    Tori Vollmer / Zack Sidhu

Novice Men
    Cordero Zuckerman

Junior Dance
    Alison Carey / Ryan Van Natten
    Charlotte Lichtman / Dean Copely
    Anastasia Olson / Jordan Cowan
    Amanda Van Camp / Kevin Allison
    Natalie Wojton / Michael Soyfer
    Katharine Zeigler / Baxter Burbank

Junior Pairs
    Brynn Carman / AJ Reiss
    Brittany Chase / Grant Marron

Junior Men
    Austin Kanallakan
    John Lomazzi
    Will Michael

Senior Dance
    Elizabeth Chan / Jason Deveikis
    Lynn Kriengkrairut / Logan Giulietti-Schmitt
    Isabella Tobias / Igor Lukanin

Senior Pairs
    Amanda Dobbs / Joseph Jacobsen
    Laura Lepzinski / Ethan Burgess
    Angelyn Nguyen / Themistocles Leftheris
    Tiffany Vise / Don Baldwin

Senior Men
    Ben Blandford
    Andrew Gonzales
    Peter Lindstrom
    Keegan Messing
    Dennis Phan
    Douglas Razzano
    Scott Smith
    Geoffry Varner

Senior Ladies
    Amanda Dobbs
    Beatrisa Liang
    Karen Zhou
Tammi

Re: 2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals - Early info

Postby Sylvia on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:45 am

I've removed Caroline Zhang's name from the Senior Ladies list above - she finished in the top 5 at 2009 Nationals and therefore receives an automatic bye to Nationals.

Here's my running list of all the singles qualifiers (Senior down to Juvenile) from 6 Regionals with 3 to go: http://unseenskaters.blogspot.com/2009/ ... uv-sr.html
Sylvia

Postby Sylvia on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:46 am

The Pacific Coast Sectional roster has been updated, post-Regionals, as of 10/27/09: http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/Roster.htm

Schedules have been updated as of 10/28/09: http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/schedule.htm
Sylvia

Postby ckmkm1 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:05 pm

I thought there was one Intermediate Pairs Team. Did they get a buy to Jr. Nationals since their is no one to compete against?
ckmkm1

Postby Sylvia on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:16 pm

ckmkm1 wrote:I thought there was one Intermediate Pairs Team. Did they get a buy to Jr. Nationals since their is no one to compete against?

Sharpe/Perini? I assume yes, but don't know for sure.
Sylvia

Postby Sylvia on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Updated roster as of 11/5: http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/Downloa ... 110509.pdf

Scott Smith (Sr Men) and Tobias/Lukanin (Sr Dance) are no longer listed.
Sylvia

Re: 2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals

Postby Sylvia on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Photos from Sunday and Monday are up: http://www.2010pacificcoast.com/Daily%20Photos.htm
Sylvia

Postby Sylvia on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Sylvia

Re: 2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals starting orders up

Postby rpmskate on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Wow!Good Job Leah Keiser!So glad to see you make it to nationals and win your freeskate.What an amazing group of Novice ladies we are sending to nationals!
rpmskate

Postby alaskanmom on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Two local articles about Alaskan skaters and Cordero Zuckerman novice men 4th place:

Fairbanks figure skaters [Zuckerman and Jr. ice dancer Baxter Burbank] compete for trip to national championships

Fairbanks figure skater [Zuckerman] qualifies for national championships (also mentions 2 Anchorage skaters, Jr. ice dancer Ryan Van Natten and Keegan Messing)
alaskanmom

Re: 2010 Pacific Coast Sectionals results+video

Postby Sylvia on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Sylvia

Postby jamiedavid on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:57 am

I saw the the Juv. pairs results online and then watched the video. Was Tyler Vollmer injured? I was happy to see he went out and skated with a smile on his face! Are they advancing to Jr. Nats? I'm not sure if the top 4 or 5 teams advance?
jamiedavid

Postby Sylvia on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:34 am

jamiedavid wrote:I'm not sure if the top 4 or 5 teams advance?

All the Coasts Juvenile pair teams advance. The rulebook states that a maximum of 8 teams (Juv/Int pairs and dance) can advance to JN's from each of the 3 Sectionals.
Sylvia

Postby crzesk8dad on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 pm

jamiedavid wrote:I saw the the Juv. pairs results online and then watched the video. Was Tyler Vollmer injured? I was happy to see he went out and skated with a smile on his face! Are they advancing to Jr. Nats? I'm not sure if the top 4 or 5 teams advance?

Tyler had a fall, on to his knee, during practice at Coasts. Unfortunately, the knee was injured pretty bad, so much, many had thought he may have broken it. But, I believe, it turned out to be a bad contusion. (If Tyler's Mom is reading this, and I'm wrong, let me know and I'll correct it.).

Due to the rule that says you must skate at Sectionals to move on, even if all entries are going due to the "fill-up" rule, Tyler's coaches did a quick bit of choreography and had the pair skate. In fact, it was rather cute, as Tyler would "present" his partner, on the ice, as she would perform a "trick".

Their IJS score was pretty low, but who cares? The skaters went out and skated, they are moving on to Junior Nationals, and hopefully, all is good.

Best of luck to Tyler and his partner. :D
crzesk8dad

Postby haileeskater on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:35 am

still about the juvenile team, in the midwestern section not everyone got to go, and they got a score higher than 3 points, i think something needs to be done about the way the send people on from sectional to nationals to junior nationals
haileeskater

Postby jamiedavid on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:14 am

It was cute! I know how that feels to fall on your knee and not be able to even to crossovers. Good for him! The score was so low because they didn't get credit for the elements that were done only by the girl.
jamiedavid

Postby crzesk8dad on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:06 pm

haileeskater wrote:still about the juvenile team, in the midwestern section not everyone got to go, and they got a score higher than 3 points, i think something needs to be done about the way the send people on from sectional to nationals to junior nationals

Best of luck with that one, haileeskater. I don't mean to be mean :evil: , but in my short time involved with skating, clubs, governing council, etc, it appears to be the age old question, how to fairly and evenly distribute the regions and send skaters on to the next level. Several attempts have been tried and none have taken root.

But, that's for another thread on another day................ :wink:
crzesk8dad

Postby Sylvia on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:03 pm

haileeskater, your point previously has been made in the following thread in General Skating and can be discussed further there: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6384

I would like to keep this thread focused on the skaters and skating at Coasts. Comments from those who attended the competition in person, personal highlights and/or recommended videos are welcomed!
Sylvia

Scott Smith update

Postby Sylvia on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

The following was published in Sarah & Drew's "Inside Edge" blog for Icenetwork on Nov. 30th:
You may have noticed a notable absence at sectionals: Scott Smith. Scott has been struggling with a groin injury and he had surgery earlier this fall.

"I am not competing this season and may never compete again," he wrote, "But I have not announced retirement just yet. I really want to see if I can get my body healthy and leave my options open. I have my hip surgery scheduled for the second week of December. The surgeon is optimistic that I will feel 100% again but we will see. My future really depends on how I feel after this surgery."

Good luck, Scott!

A note on the Coasts videos... unfortunately, Sean Rabbitt's Junior Men's SP (3rd place) is listed as "not shown" on the video page starting order. From what I've been told, the videography company contracted by USFS somehow failed to film or preserve a copy of his performance :shock: and so that's why his video is missing on Icenetwork.
Sylvia

Return to Pacific Regions/Section